THE EFFECT OF STRESS ON WORKERS PERFORMANCE CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK
Life in modern societies is generally not without stress. Stressful experience has become part and parcel of living in contemporary society. In most human behaviour, human being will advertently go through some elements of stress. For example, when we subject ourselves to time, pressure or urgently engage in complex and difficult problem solving processes, we become exposed to high noisy environment or new of impending damage, we are most likely to go through movement of stress.
Stress occupies a prominent position in psychological and medical research, psychologist view stress as a disruption of human skilled performance. In clinical research, stress and anxiety as viewed as made of pathological adoptive responses in whether context with view stress its role in human resources management cannot be overlooked.
Stress has an emotional experience, which can be monetary affairs. In such cases, the social antecedent of stress is short and we may posses the psychological resources to cope and go through the situation undue disruption of adaptive responses. When this is the case stress posses and energizing effect workers motivation, this
will act as a signal for us to get ready for action induced by longstanding condition of tension pains, situation, conflicts, and anxieties ever positive adoptive responses become over stretched and our reactions to it are negative in such cases, the negative effects of stress not only affect our health but diminish our productivity
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
In any organization, people occupy all the different positions and inherit great responsibilities for organization effectiveness; whether in private and corporate organization, conglomerates or government services.
- STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The statement was purposely studied due to the following reasons:
- To achieve a full knowledge of stress and examine the way to cope with it in rural areas
- Identify and monitor the symptoms of stress must especially in rural areas
- To examine the possible sources of stress
- To examine the technique of controlling stress through
- To enable the workers to reduce cost of stress and the risk of constant exposure to stress
- OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
- To examine the impact of stress on workers performance
- To educate workers on how to manage stress in rural areas
- To identify different methods which can be used to reduce stress that affects workers
- To help the management to know about the existence of stress in an organization
- SIGNIFICANCE THE STUDY
This research work is important because it would assist the employees of labour, to manage stress and undergone by their workers. It would also serve as an avenue and foundation for future and further study.
1.5 SCOPES OF THE STUDY
This write – up is intended to highlight the effort of stress on workers performance. With particular reference to First Bank of Nigeria Osogbo as a case study. The study makes use of the questionnaire which are distributed to employees of the First Bank of Nigeria.
1.6 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
However, since there is no work without its limitation, the research work is limited by some factors such as: –
– Inadequate finance
– Time constraints to carry out the research
– Uncooperative attitude of respondents
– Lack of sufficient data and record