ELECTRIC POP CORN MACHINE IN MECHANICAL DEPARTMENT
An electric popcorn machine is machine that is used to popcorn for human consumption. It uses electricity as it sources of energy, transfer it energy, that is used to pop the Corn. Also it has a stirrer, which rotate due to the convection of electrical energy from the source to mechanical energy in the motor, the stirrer tons the corn so that it will not burns.
This project went as far as meeting most of the requirement of advancement in technology, which lead to make-work easy and comfortable for the user.
To be candid, the burden of mankind because of the existence of technology for this reasons, the government is expected to encourage the young technologist and engineers who has graduated and those who are yet to be graduated from school. By providing them with financial assistance, installation of adequate and functional equipment and facilities in various installations, competent and qualified personnel and in addition making education free for those who are not financially buoyant. By so doing, We will be boasting of technological advancement if we are ready to adopt indigenous technological experience rather than that of the western one, which rather more expansion and at- time in appropriate.
1.1 REQUIREMENTS OF THE DESIGN
The design is expected to achieve the following objective
1) Production of popcorn in long scale.
2) Increase the efficiency of producing popcorn
3) Moderate the rotation of the stirrer by using the right motor.
4) To reduce the heat that will be lost by lagging the output.
5) To regulate the voltage used to produce popcorn.
6) Achieve proper utilization of the heat by using a good conduction as the pot e.g. Aluminum.
7) The use of wood as handle to effect easy conveying of the popcorn from the pot.
8) The presence of bulb to enhance production at night.
1.2 CONDITION FOR USE
The machine might be used under elevated temperature.
The machine should be stored after used in a clean and dry place.
Routines cleans would be necessary to avoid rusting of the pot.
The motor should service from time to time to maintain it efficiency.
The machine should not be too heavy. The machine should not be too big to enhance effecting stirring. The distance between the pots should not be too large to reduce heat loss. Aluminum should be used for both the frame profile and the construction of the stirrer. Glass should be used to due the case because of the transparency.
The product should have a glistening appearance, which can attract the prospective consumers of the popcorn.
Reliability and Life
The expected useful life in normal circumstance should not be less than 10 years.
(1) There was no conveyor that should remove the popcorn from the hot pot.
(2) There was no time to indicate when the corn is fully popped.
(3) There was no thermostat to regulate the temperature of the system.
(4) There was noting like lagging to trap some of the heat.
Accident can be defined as an unexpected unplanned and unpredicted event, which could course loss of life, damage of properties and stoppage of work.
Safety can also be defined as freedom from accident.
The following precautions are put in place when operating the machine.
1. Touching of hot pot during processing is no advisable.
2. Line wire most not be touched with unprotected hands.
3. Broken glasses and frame should be properly disposed.
1.6 THEORY OF DESIGN AND ANALYSIS
The diameters of the machine are as follows:
Length of Frame 510mm
Diameter of Bigger Pot 50mm
Diameter of Smaller Pot 45mm
Height of Frame 710mm
Volume L x B x H
This is the method of heat transfer by which heat energy moves from a region of higher concentration of heat to that to lower concentration while the material or body in question remain at fixed point. Most metals allow heat energy to pass through them and are said to be good conductors of heat. Non-metals such as woods, cotton paper and cork do not allow heat to pass through them. This one called bad conductors or insulators. Though all metals are classified as good conditions, they differ in their ability to conduct heat. In order word, they need material medium for their propagation.