THE IMPACT OF MOTIVATION IN ORGANIZATIONAL PRODUCTIVITY (A CASE STUDY OF UNION BANK PLC, IKOT EKPENE)
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Doing business all over the world has become a very serious thing in every society. The process of motivation involves a chain reaction commencing from felt needs. Resulting in wants or goods sought out, which gives rise to tensions then causing action toward achieving goals and finally satisfying wants.
Thus, cooperate performance and revenue are controlled by the internal and external operators in the environmental factors. To survive profitably in the highly challenged and a globalized market economy, the human motivating spirit and resource constitutes the biggest challenge, on like other inputs, employee’s management calls accomplish handing of thoughts, feelings and emotions to protect the higher productivity.
The Higher productivity is a long term benefit of employee’s motivations. It is therefore noted that no employee will do anything without a purpose, influencing workers purpose is the efficiency of any business establishment.
In the Banking sector, where manpower training and development, and the adoption of new improved technology of new improved technological advancement force acute shortage that exist the need for motivation as a tool to increase and maintain a good level of productivity.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Motivation is focused on the aspect of compelling of subordinate to action in a desired way. Several motivation tools have been made advanced for adoption in personnel management of business concerns.
This aspect is connected to the poor attitude of the workers to work due to inefficient personnel management to enhance the effective inducement of workers attitude.
With this, many writer’s argued that employees should contribute and be highly motivated in order to increase the general productivity of the organization. However, the industrial sector of probably not by the intractable ugly trend of non-inclusive and non-motivational revenue given to the employee.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- To access – the changes of making motivation as the reason of high productivity.
- To highlight the effects of motivations on the productivity of workers in both public and that of private organization.
- To examine the impacts of motivations on the high productivity in an organization.
- To make recommendations, that would enhance effective motivations in an organization.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
- Do you have any form of motivation from your organization?
- To what extend does motivation affects your productivity?
- What are the causes or low productivity among workers in Nigeria business organization.
- Does your organization have reward for the best worker in a year?
- Do your work more in your organization when you are motivated?
1.5 SIGNIFICANT OF THE STUDY