MOTOR INSURANCE PRACTICE IN NIGERIA A CASE STUDY OF NATIONAL INSURANCE CO-OPERATION OF NIGERIA (NICON)
Motor Insurance in Nigeria started before the coming of Britain into the country. The modern insurance was introduced to Nigerians by European Trading Companies, which establish merchants as agents for insurance business. The first insurance company in Nigeria is Royal Exchange Assurance Company, which has its headquarters in Lagos by 1921. The introduction of this company marked the beginning of modern insurance in Nigeria whole motor insurance in the sense is a method of transferring the responsibility for paying for losses, injuries or damage to person or properties from one party to another as a result of using motor vehicle on the road. The demand for motor insurance has been greatly increased because of its standardized motor insurance tariff rate table
TABLE OF CONTENTS
CHAPTER ONE – INTRODUCTION
- BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY………………
- STATEMENT OF PROBLEM……………………
- OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY………………….
- SIGNIFICANCE OF PROBLEM………………..
- RESEARCH QUESTION/HYPOTHESIS……..
- SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY…
CHAPTER TWO – LITERATURE REVIEW
- INSURANCE PRINCIPLES AS APPLIED TO MOTOR INSURANCE PRACTICE IN NIGERIA
- CONTRACTUAL AND STATUTORY LAW APPLICABLE
- MOTOR INSURANCE UNDERWRITING RATING AND RENEWAL DOCUMENT
- OPERATION OF ECOWAS BROWN CARD
- CLAIMS SETTLEMENT PROCEDURE AND AGREEMENT
- CLAIM SETTLEMENT PROCEDURE/AGREEMENT
- DEFINITION OF TERM
3.1 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3.2 SAMPLING TECHNIQUE
3.5 METHOD AND DATA ANALYSIS
4.1 ANALYSES AND INTERPRETATION OF DATA
4.2 HYPOTHESIS TESTING
5.2 RECOMMENDATIONS AND CONCLUSION
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
motor insurance in Nigeria started before the coming of Britain into the country traditional method of insurance was practical in the country then, before civilization and modern insurance we had what is called our own insurance system named periodical contribution Ajo Esusu and Adishe membership in the former are know while contributing predetermined at inception.
Benefit of the accumulated fund are taken depending on the order return in the letter, however, membership is limited to the house hold while there is no regulation of the premium but a kind of levy or donation by each able membership the intention of all these forms of insurance is the same as the modern insurance