COMPREHENSIVE REVIEW OF THE FACTORS THAT IMPROVE THE ADVANCEMENT OF SECRETARIES IN BUSINESS ORGANIZATIONS (CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED BUSINESS ORGANIZATIONS IN ENUGU URBAN)
It has been observed that the secretarial profession is becoming less popular in recent times. Various schools of thought have trend to offer explanations to this ugly trend. Some attributed it to the nature of this profession, others through that it has to do with the executive who is always bossing the secretary.
This course work is therefore aimed at finding out the factors responsible for the advancement of secretaries in business organizations.
The researcher made use of questionnaires administrations in collecting the necessary data. Frequencies and percentages were used. For the analysis of the data collected.
From the result obtained, the following deductions were made.
· Skill acquisition and work competence help the secretary to advance in the job.
· Good relationship with both colleagues and management can also ensure her advancement on the job.
· Frequent training and seminars also help the secretary to advance.
Based on the findings, the following recommendations to enhance the advancement of secretaries in business organizations where made:
Secretaries should improve their skills through training
· Secretaries should improve their skills through training.
· Organizations should provide opportunities for staff development.
· Opportunities for interpersonal relationship should be created to enable workers learn from one another
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1.1 Background of the study
1.2 Statement of problems
1.3 Objectives of the study
1.4 Scope of the study
1.5 Research questions
1.6 Significance of the study
2.0 Review of related literature
2.1 The secretary and her role
2.2 Advancement of a secretarial work
2.3 The image of a secretary
2.4 Summary of related literature
3.0 Research design and methodology
3.2 Research design
3.3 Area of study
3.4 Population of the study
3.5 Sample size
3.6 Validly of instrument
3.7 Reliability of instrument
3.8 Distribution of instrument
3.9 Method of collecting data
3.10 Method of data analysis
4.0 Presentation and analysis of data
4.2 Analysis of data
5.0 Summary of findings, recommendation,
5.1 Summary of findings
5.2 Implications of the study
Appendix: sample of research questionnaire