TABLE OF CONTENT
Table of content
CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION
- Background to
- Statement of research problem
- Objectives of the study
- Scope of the study
- Significant of the study
- Hypothesis testing
- Limitation of the study
- Definition of terms
CHAPTER TWO: LITERATURE REVIEW
- Purpose of budgetary control
- He fundamental principle of budgetary control
- Objectives of budgetary control
- Advantages and weakness of budgetary control
- Types of budget
- Installation of budgetary control
- Budget manual
- Master budget
- Human factors of budgetary control
- Budgetary control and its effective us
CHAPTER THREE: RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- Population and sample size
- Sources of data
- Data collection method
- Method of data analysis
- Profile of the case study
CHAPTER FOUR: DATA PRESENTATION AND ANALYSIS
- Analysis of Bio data
- Statistical analysis of responses
- Testing of hypothesis
SUMMARY, CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATION
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
Any research inquire is aimed at empirical reality which exist outside the mind of the observe. The aim of this research therefore is to understand the significance effect of budgetary control on the profit performance of Nigeria company.
The success of an enterprises depends largely on the establishment and execution it’s quantitative and qualitative course of action prepared and approved prior to the defined period of time (Lucet, 2004).
Budgetary control is therefore sees as a wheel that rolls the organization towards the achievement of it’s long and short term cooperate objective it is therefore evident from the above assertion that the effectiveness of budgetary control can not be over emphasized.
Over the tears the budgetary controls have not been able to achieve the desired result due to certain inadequate and deficiencies which constitute both technical and human defects (omolehinwa, 2000).
Most industries in Nigeria today are face with the problem of forecasting future event like inflation rate and cost behaviour due to unstable economy especially since the introduction of structural adjustment programmes (SAP) In 1986 Lated in Omolehinwa 200).
This project work therefore look into the effect of budgetary control on the profit performance of company in Nigeria with focus on manufacturing industries and how the aforementioned inadequate and deficiencies could be rectified.
1.2 STATEMENT OF RESEARCH PROBLEM
The following are some of the problem of this research
- is the attitude of management towards budgeting process a positive one?
- What has been the performance of budgeting as a managerial control tool in manufacturing industries?
- What are the problem been faced in relation to budgeting control in organization
- How could the problems associated with budget can be could in other to achieve the stated objectives of the organization
- To what extent has budgeting achieved its objective in organization
- Does budgeting really same time and aid quick production and effective performance in an organization
- Has budgeting system been able to achieve the objective of cost reduction and revenue maximization.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The main objectives of this research work is to analysis critically the effect of budgetary control of the profit performance of company in Nigeria in a manufacturing industry and the general problem of effect of profit performance of modern business organization and suggested possible solution.
Specific objective of this project work include the following
- To ascertain the effect of budget on revenue generation in manufacturing industries
- To examine the problem being faced in relation to effect of budgeting control in organization and provide likely solution.
- To know the contribution of budgetary control in achievement of organization objective
- How budgeting control has its own deficiency when its being affected by economic condition these are inflation and seasonal variation government pronouncement and others
- To identify whether the budgetary control system has brought about cost reduction in production and services rendered by the organization.