This project is designed to enlighten the masses on the innovation and improvement introduced in the field of modern electronic instrument and control system. The use of microprocessor in the control system. The need for monitoring the liquid level and temperature control in ones immediate environment where one could either take hot or cold bath. A control system of this nature can be installed to operate the hot tank.
Some problems associated with designing and simulating of a microprocessor based temperature and liquid level control system include the following.
- Can a program be developed to monitor the liquid level and temperature in a tank with the help of a processor
- What processes are involved in monitoring the liquid level and temperature control in a tank with the help of a processor.
The use of microprocessor bases temperature and liquid level control system solved a lot of problems and also improves the reaction and response of some industries like Swan water industry and also residential users towards the introduction of a microprocessor based temperature and liquid control system
TABLE OF CONTENT
TITLE PAGE i
APPROVAL PAGE ii
LIST OF FIGURE vi
TABLE OF CONTENT vii
- PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
- AIM AND OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
- SCOPE OF THE STUDY
- DEFINITION OF TERMS
3.1 DESCRIPTION AND ANALYSIS
3.2 FACTS FINDING METHOD
3.3 OBJECRTIVE OF THE EXISTING SYSTEM
3.4 PROBLEMS OF THE EXISTING SYSTEMS
3.5 JUSTIFICATION FOR THE NEW SYSTEM.
4.0 DESIGN OF THE NEW SYSTEM
4.1 INPUT SPECIFICATION AND DESIGN
4.2 OUTPUT SPECIFICATION AND DESIGN
4.3 CONTROL OF FLUID FLOW
4.4 PROCEDURE CHART
4.5 SYSTEM FLOW CHART
5.1 SYSTEM IMPLEMENTATION
5.2 BLOCK DIAGRAM
5.3 PROGRAM FLOW CAHRT
RECOMMENDATION AND CONCLUSIO
Simulation of microprocessor based level control system has become the normal digital technology as their application acts across all facts of human endeavor which includes: Industrial control system, Robotics, Weather forecasting military hardware etc.
Simulation involves constructing a model for the behavior of the system and driving it with an appropriate abstraction of the workload. The major advantage of simulation is its generally and flexibility. Almost any behavior can be easily simulated.
There are many important issue to be considered in simulation.
- It must be decided what not to simulate and at what level of detail. Simply duplicating the detailed behavior of the system usually unnecessary and prohibited expensive.
- Simulation like measurement generate much raw data which must be analyzed using statistical techniques.
- Similar to measurement, a careful experiment design is essential to keep the simulation cost down.
The reason for its wide choice is based on its reliability, ease of enhancement and programming modification and the ease at which complex system are controlled
Based on above premises a microprocessor based temperature and liquid level control system was conceive. The system was conceived to be a stand alone system having 8088 processor and a memory capacity of 3 kilobytes (2k eprom and 1k Ram) with F facility for upgrading it to 20k bytes.
The design stage of this work concentrated more on the input / output of the system and what the input / output is expected to achieve which may include the following.
- Controlling the fluid flow
- Controlling the heating element
- Monitoring and displaying the temperature of the fluid
The accompanying software should be blasted unto the EPROM to activate the system to achieve the function outlined above.
1.1 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
From the above the problem of this project can be as follows:
- Can a program be developed to monitor the liquid level and temperature in a tank with the help of a microprocessor.
- What process are involved in monitoring the liquid level and temperature control in a tank with th help of a processor.
SUB – PROBLEMS
a. Developing a program that would determines and detect weather the received tank is empty or not. If empty another tank will automatically refill the receiver tank.
The program will incorporate variable that will test the values at specific I/o and based on this a decision is taking on a particular case of action
- Evolving a mechanism for determining the volume and level of water in the receiver tank for efficiency monitoring.
1.2 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
What motivated me to embark on this PC is to show society how a microprocessor lazed temperature and liquid level control system can help the general public not to get disease from untreated water. Also to be able to detect when the temperature of a liquid is more than its normal temperature.