DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF CHILDREN DAYCARE INFORMATION TRACKING SYSTEM
In our society, initiating a new change or process is quite a difficult task. Although the use of computers and its application has taken off effectively in Nigeria, its diversified use in all sectors of the economy still remains in tall order. Gold, Rachel. (2009). Children’s Daycare centres have found computerization of their activities very useful in record keeping, information tracking and updating as well as decision making. Today, the case for accuracy has resulted to the shift from the use of manual approaches in handling Children’s Daycare activities to computerized approach. Currently, computers are made to handle these tasks more efficiently than the manual system of recording information that has existed. Introducing the computer program called Children’s Daycare information tracking system will assist both Daycare centres and parents to make the right decision in regards to the management of their wards. The computer based program will present this information on the computer screen for use by the daycare centres.
Child care or day care is the care of a child during the day by a person other than the child’s legal guardians, typically performed by someone outside the child’s immediate family. Day care is typically an ongoing service during specific periods, such as the parents’ time at work. It can also take on a more formal structure, with education, child development, discipline and even preschool education falling into the fold of services. Clancy, Heather (2012).
1.1 Theoretical Background
Today, it is believed that the application of computer technology in any activity would go a long way in making that activity much easier. To the researcher, this statement remains a theory until proven otherwise by implementation of Children’s Daycare information tracking system.
It is also believed that the benefits and advantages of using computers in the course of managing children in day care outweighs that of manual methods which consist of office flat files, this also wants to be proven beyond doubt by the researcher through the implementation of the new system.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
The major problem that gave rise to this research project are faced by management and staff of Olinz daycare centre, they include
- Lack of effective database storage system,
- The existing system is characterized by stress, inconvenience and fatigue to the users.
- Duplicate entry or registration of children in the daycare centre which makes it very difficult to track a particular child uniquely
- Poor GUI (graphical user interface) been presented to the end users
- Time delay and consumption in the entire process
- Unauthorized usage and access to important fixed asset records by intruders and impersonators in the ministry
Hence, it has become imperative and necessary for the children management process of the daycare system to be updated.
1.3 Aim and Objectives of the Study
This research work is aimed at developing a Children’s Daycare information tracking system the objectives of the study include:
- To have a system that will be used to establish an efficient means of managing and tracking children in Daycare.
- To design a system that will contain a reliable database of different children
- To present a system that will enable management and staff of Olinz daycare centre to have proper knowledge of children tracking system.
- To have a system that will be cost effective as regards to children daycare.
- To design a system that would contain a secured database and administrative login.