TABLE OF CONTENTS
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1.0 Background of the Study
1.1 Statement of the Research Problem
1.2 The Objectives of the Study
13 Research Hypothesis
1.4 Significant of the Study
1.5 Scope and Limitation the Study
2.1 Literature Review
2.2 Accounting Process
2.3 Accounting Theory
2.4 General Accepted Accounting Principles
2.5 The Debit and Credit Account
3.1 Research Methodology
3.2 Types of Research Design
3.3 Study Population
3.4 Sampling Size
3.5 Sources of Data
3.6 DataCo11ection Instrument
3.7 Validity and Reliability of the Instrument
3.8 Statement of Hypothesis
3.9 Limitation of Methodology
4.1 Data Design and Analysis
4.2 Presentation and Analysis of response to questionnaire
4.3 Accounting Procedures
4.4 Salaries and wages procedures
4.5 Cash Collection and Payment Procedure
4.6 Final Accounting Procedure
1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Accounting is said to be the method of communicating and interpreting transactions in any business- organization. Accounting is used to qualify the transaction involved.
From whatever angle accounting extends beyond the actual recording of transaction. It includes the use of these records their analysis and interpretation.
Accounting facts are used by accountants and business owners to determine the performance of their business.
Furthermore, it is used to know whether the firm is making profit or otherwise, it could be used as well as to know whether or not the firm will be able to meet it future undertakings as they come and so not have a cause to windup for lack of fund.
Insufficient financial management is one of the major causes of business failure especially of this period of economic depression.
At any rate, proper recording of transaction are very vital to the survival of any business organization for the recording of its financial involvement cannot be over emphasized.
Furthermore, adequate accounting system in any organization also contributes greatly to it financial stand. More so, government both at the state and federal level is concerned with the financial system that operates in any organization. This is because accounting records makes it possible for government to measure whether an organization has compiled with the stipulated procedures or hot.
Finally, the management at any firm should be made to understand that there is no substitution for standard financial system that is for efficiency the best economy should be adopted.
1.1 STATEMENT OF THE RESEARCH PROBLEM
The focus of this study is to identify the impact of accounting system in a media organization.
Hence, in the course of the study, effort has been made to find remedy to the following research problems.
- What are the various services provided by accounting system to the authority?
- What is the historical background of accounting system to the media organization?
- What are the roles of accounting system when receiving money on behalf of the authority?
- What are the accounting procedures Involved when making payment in the case office and filling to the payment voucher?
- Does the regulatory authority have role and impact on the accounting system directly to media organization?
- What are the effects of accounting system in a media organization on Nigeria economy?
1.2 THE OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The objective of this case study is to examine the importance of a good accounting system in a media Organization and also established it.
- The programmes and activities of the authority are conducted and expenditure are made in accordance with what is stipulated in the accounting rules and regulations
- The authorities assets are safely kept and judiciously dispose the liabilities are truly incurred and expenditures are made in the authority.
- All revenues and receipts are collected and properly accounted for.
- To know whether authority accounting procedures comply with the, generally accepted accounting principles.
1.3 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
The general hypothesis that will be tested in this course of the research is as follow;
HO: Accounting system has no positive impact in a media organization
HA: Accounting system has positive impact in a media organization
HO: Accounting system is not the source of preparing final accounting of media organization.
HA: Accounting system is the major source of preparing final accounting of media organization